I'm here with another guest post for my CWK Series. And this time, Anjali from Spice n Sugar Tales has graced us with her delectable Raw Mango Pickle! I got acquainted with Anjali 2 months ago, when she won the Jingle All the Way event hosted on my blog. Mails were sent back and forth and before I knew it, we became good friends! :-) She agreed to do the guest post and sent me this recipe long back. Enjoy!
Saturday, 28 April 2012
Wednesday, 25 April 2012
This is one of my mum's classic recipes; and my most favorite sundal too. Sundal is basically lentils/legumes cooked with seasoning. They are commonly prepared during festivals to give away to guests. This is also a very high protein snack and can easily leave you full with just 1 cup.
Monday, 23 April 2012
In terms of blogging, she's younger than me! ;-) But what amazes me is that she's already managed to post so many delicacies; supporting them with good looking photographs! It took me 2 months of blogging and a friend's advice to realize that food pics have to be neatly designed too! But this blogger's clean photographs and precise recipe instructions make her blog really beautiful! Here's introducing Rasi, from Vegetarian Food and Me.
Thursday, 19 April 2012
Every street, every beach and every hotel will have Bhel Puri (pronounced as Bhél Pooree) on their menu. It is impossible to come to Mumbai and leave without noticing this very popular snack. :) Bhel Puri is a mixture of Puffed Rice and other veggies & spices in a tangy tamarind sauce. It is also called Jhaal Muri in Kolkatta (meaning - Hot puffed rice) and Churumuri in Bangalore.
Sunday, 15 April 2012
Hello everyone! :)
Its my pleasure to have the very talented Chitra, who writes at Chitranna and Chitravali, here as my CWK Guest. Apart from being an excellent cook, she draws, paints and is into the whole art-scene! Check out her other blog, you'll know what I'm talking about. :) Today, she's here to share her Spicy Stuffed Capsicum recipe. Stuffed veggies are really interesting to eat, and I'm sure by the end of this post, you'll be wanting to make Stuffed Capsicum!
Friday, 13 April 2012
BBC Good Homes is India’s leading home and décor magazine that reaches out to the modern Indian, who is always on the lookout for artistic ideas and seeks to experience the best of the international trends. GoodHomes is one of the most preferred and leading decor magazines that inspires it's readers with innovative ideas that fit every space and budget. It offers it's readers an eclectic mix of decor suggestions and DIY (do-it-yourself) tips.
Wednesday, 11 April 2012
Dabeli is traditionally sold on the streets of Gujarat and Mumbai. It is made with a sweet and spicy potato mixture which is filled into a small burger bun and then topped with onion, pomegranate, fresh garlic chutney and sév. Pomegranate gives the additional juicy tart-like taste to the Dabeli. (in fact, I would go to the extent of saying - if you can't find pomegranates, don't eat dabeli! :D)
Monday, 9 April 2012
|Rose-milk Ice Cream|
Sunday, 8 April 2012
We all agree that brownies are sinfully delicious, right? Forget brownies for a sec, we are constantly looking for ways to spruce up a recipe. And here are few ways you can make your brownies better.
Friday, 6 April 2012
Are you a cheese-o-holic? :) Here are some interesting facts about this popular dairy product that might surprise you...
- Archaeological surveys show that cheese was being made from the milk of cows and goats in Mesopotamia before 6000 B.C.
- The world's largest consumers of cheese include Greece (63 pounds per person each year), France (54 pounds), Iceland (53 pounds), Germany (48 pounds), Italy (44 pounds), the Netherlands (40 pounds), the United States (31 pounds), Australia (27 pounds), and Canada (26 pounds)
- The United States produces more than 25 percent of the world's supply of cheese, approximately 9 billion pounds per year.
- Pizza Hut uses about 300 million pounds of cheese per year!!!
- Someone who sells cheese professionally at a cheese shop or specialty food store is called a cheese monge
- According to the British Cheese Board, Britain has approximately 700 distinct local cheeses. It is thought that France and Italy have perhaps 400 each. The varying flavors, colors, and textures of cheese come from many factors, including the type of milk used, the type of bacteria or acids used to separate the milk, the length of aging, and the addition of other flavorings or mold.
Tuesday, 3 April 2012
Biryani is a royal rice dish that is mixed with a lot of different spices and condiments.
MTR is a very popular brand in India. They sell wide range of products like ready-to-munch-snacks, sweets, pickles, spices, masala paste etc. And so, I didn't think twice before buying the Biryani Paste. The small 100 gram sachet costs Rs. 15 and makes more than enough to serve 4 people. (Paisa Vasool!)