Hello everyone! :)
Its my pleasure to have the very talented Chitra, who writes at Chitranna and Chitravali, here as my CWK Guest. Apart from being an excellent cook, she draws, paints and is into the whole art-scene! Check out her other blog, you'll know what I'm talking about. :) Today, she's here to share her Spicy Stuffed Capsicum recipe. Stuffed veggies are really interesting to eat, and I'm sure by the end of this post, you'll be wanting to make Stuffed Capsicum!
Even though I am being very irregular in updating my blog now a days I got a chance to do guest post in my friends blog.... I am so happy for this,,,, this is my very first guest post..so I am very much new to this concept,,,,,
When Kavi from Edible Entertainment asked me to do a guest post in her blog,,I was very much surprised and happy to do this for her....Even though I dont know her much personally but I know that she is a fantastic blogger and a great chef......I love her space very much.......so first I though of giving her a sweet treat, but then decided to add some spice to her and her studies......by posting this 'Stuffed Spicy Capsicum'....I wish you Good Luck for her exams..May god bless her.......
over to recipe...
STUFFED CAPSICUM RECIPE
(Print this Recipe)
Green small capsicum 6-7
Fresh grated coconut 1cup
Tamarind paste 1tsp
ground cinnamon 1/4tsp
Fresh ginger 1/2 "(chopped)
Turmeric powder 1/4tsp
To make powder:
Split gram lentil 5TBSP (chana dhal)
Urad lentil 2tsp
Coriander seed 2TBSP
cumin seed 2tsp
sesame seed 1tsp
Curry leaves 5-6
Ground nuts 3TBSP
Dry red chilly 6-7(or as per spice)
salt as per taste
finely chopped red onion 1 big
cooking oil 2tsp
coconut oil around 4-5 TBSP for shallow frying the capsicum
fresh chopped coriander 3-4TBSP(optional, I have not used it)
How to prepare:
- First Dry roast all the ingredients under 'To make powder' separately and keep aside to get it cool ,then make semi solid powder in a dry grinder.
- Now add this powder in along with all items (expect Green small capsicum) under 'Ingredients' and grind them to make paste.(not a very fine paste).
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan add chopped onion and fry for 3-4mins and turn of the heat.
- Let it cool down for a while and then add the coconut masala paste to it, mix well..(if you like to add chopped coriander then add it as mix well).
- Wash the capsicum and cut the extra stem (if any) pat dry and make a small hole on the side(just cut the side as shown in the pic to insert the masala inside). Now fill in the masala paste in side the capsicum carefully,do not make big hole or break it.
- Once all done take wide bottom pan and shallow fry the capsicum by adding coconut oil 1tsp at a time.keep in turn the sides of the capsicum to cook properly(cook in medium flame for about 15-20 mins,or till it is cooked all side).